Today’s post is the latest installment in my semi-regular Friday Favorites series. If you like this post, be sure to check out the others that came before.
Okay ladies, let’s talk face. We only get one, so we need to take good care of it. You’ve been using sunscreen all summer and washing your face every night to remove your makeup, right? Yeah, who am I kidding – me neither. I know for one am getting older – my face could use some help. Just in case you’re in the same boat, here are some of my favorite products for your face – some I’ve discovered recently, some I’ve loved forever:
- The Body Shop All-in-One BB Cream. I found this earlier this year and I adore it. If you like a nice, heavy cover-it-all-up foundation, then this product isn’t for you. But in the summertime, I like a lighter all-over foundation and this one is heavenly. It’s light, smells nice and barely feels like you’re wearing makeup. In fact, I once read that BB cream is exactly that – a product for those times when you don’t feel like wearing makeup. This is my face’s summer go-to for those times when I want to keep it light and easy.
- Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF15. When I’m going to work or out for the evening and I want to “put my face on” and wear a bit more makeup, this is what I wear. I love it and I’m so glad I found it because before this a few years ago, I was never brand loyal and never felt like anything was perfect. Well, this is. It’s still light but gives really nice, even coverage and matches my skin tone perfectly. It provides a really nice foundation for blush and any other light makeup I choose to add.
- Younique Beachfront Bronzer. Maybe it’s because I’m a child of the 70s, but for summer, I like the healthy glow of a tan – or at least the illusion of one. I’ve found many bronzers look unnatural on someone as naturally pale as I am, but Younique’s Beachfront bronzer in “Sunset” (the lightest shade) is absolute perfection. I read a tip online about applying bronzer lightly in the shape of a “3” on each side of your face, and it’s been working really nicely for me. Oh, and the brush Younique sells to go with this is killer. You need it.
- Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion set. Or at least step one. It’s amazing! I do this about once a week in the shower and it makes my skin so soft and radiant. I think it’s best not to overdo it, or you could sand your entire face off. (Pro tip: don’t do that.) This stuff means business and gets the job done – you can definitely feel it working. I love it because the results are immediate and after you try it once you absolutely get addicted to it. I may not take perfect care of my skin (yet), but I know this product is a lifesaver.
- Rodan + Fields skincare. I’m getting a whole new face this fall and I’m so excited. I don’t mean this in a creepy, Silence of the Lambs/ Buffalo Bill sense – I mean it in the sense of a new skincare regimen from the dermatalogical demigods known as Rodan + Fields. It just arrived and I’ve only done the regimen once, and I swear I felt a difference right away! They urge you to take before and after pics, so of course I took a #NoMakeupSelfie and will do it again at 30 days and at 60 days. This stuff is life-changing. It’s expensive, but I truly do believe it’s going to give me a new face. Or at least new skin. Or at least my skin but from when I was 29. Hey, either way, you know I’ll blog about it! 😉
So, those are my Friday favorites for your face. What are your favorite facial or skincare products? As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below or over on Facebook.