I haven’t done a roundup post in a while, where we gather together all our favorite content on a particular topic or theme.
I always enjoy creating round-up articles because they’re a great way to find curated content all in one place.
This one’s for my fellow freaks and weirdos.
If you’re brave, like being spooked and/or have an affinity for the dark and weird side of life, you’re in for a treat.
Buckle up for this collection of our most bizarre posts ever!
- Parenting fail: international travel edition – This is one of those stories that I can barely believe actually happened. Once upon a time, we accidentally took our 8 year old to an Asian horror art show in Paris. Yes, it was as bonkers as it sounds!
- The short life – and afterlife – of Franklin the duckling – Both sad and funny, this tale recounts our dog Lamborghini’s voracious appetite for all things fluffy and…dead.
- I used to sneak out to the beach with boys – Can you believe I admitted to something so scandalous on a family blog?! But no, it’s not as risque as it sounds.
- Get ready for the Weird Wonderful World art bazaar – We loved this first-time alternative event and can’t wait for year two. If you like edgy art and artifacts, you might like it, too.
- How to rock your boudoir photo shoot – I celebrated turning 50 by stripping down and posing for boudoir photos. There’s not much odder than that – and I loved every second.
- When bad nosebleeds happen to good people – don’t read this one if you’re squeamish about blood and gore. You’ve been warned!
- I relentlessly interrogated two 7-year-olds for a year – remember that time I almost waterboarded my child and their best friend? Yeah, it was almost that bad.
- My top 5 favorite zombie movies – although I don’t love all horror films, I do have a thing for zombie movies. Here are the best I’ve seen so far.
- I tried the Baby Foot peel and OMG – here’s another post full of nauseating details about skin and the removal of it. Don’t read if you get queasy about such things.
There you have it – a round-up of some of our most bizarre, edgy and odd content on this blog.
Let us know if you’d like more weird, dark and strange tales. There are lots more stories where these came from! And if you liked this post, you may love our tribute to spooky season.