We write about critters a lot here.
From going to the pet store to hold hamsters and parrots, to visiting zoos, reptile shows and animal petting parks – we love animal adventures of every size, shape and type.
If you love all creatures great and small too, here’s a nice round-up of our posts about animals over the years.
Honestly, now that they’re all in one place, we look a little obsessive. You would think animals are all I ever write about. But hey, what can we say. We just love critters!
- Top 10 animal encounters in Ohio – written in 2014, this was my first really popular post about animals. This post still consistently ranks in the top ten of all my blog posts ever. Unfortunately, a few of the attractions in this post are now closed.
- Even more animal adventures in 2019 – the sequel to the above post, written five years later
- One petting zoo to rule them all – this is my most recent post about the petting zoo down the street from my house. We love it there and it’s a must-visit if you have kids and you’re in Lewis Center or Columbus.
- We found the AirBnB animal farm of our dreams – if you’re looking for a local AirBnB and you love animals, this one is for you
- Buckeye Animal Expo thrills and chills – before the ‘Rona shut everything down, we used to love going to this exotic animal expo!
- Why I love going to the pet store – my daughter’s guest blog post about why she loves going to hold the hamsters, birds and other animals
- Ohio Wildlife Center fascinates and educates – a visit to this amazing wildlife rehabilitation and conservation center in Powell is a must for animal lovers
- Whale watching is amazing – Why did I ever think whale watching would be boring? It’s incredible!
- I used to work with a cougar – my love for animals is not new. Here’s a story from my past about an amazing job I had working with a big cat!
- A wild time at Gatorland Orlando – we don’t just love furry and fluffy critters. Gators and other reptiles are cool, too!
- Swimming with the dolphins – this one’s a little controversial, but Z and I had an amazing encounter with captive dolphins in Mexico (though we wouldn’t do it again)
- Wild about the Wilds – we’re huge fans of Ohio’s incredible animal sanctuary down in Zanesville
- Skunk-pocalypse 2018 – here’s one animal we didn’t love so much: the skunk who invaded our home with her unbearable stench!
- We got our daughter a giant snake – how our then 8-year old ended up with a full-size ball python
- The great snake escape – that time my daughter’s biggest ball python got loose in our house overnight
- Falling in love with Food – the story of how I tend to fall in love with the mice we keep to feed one of our ball pythons. I love mice – but a snake’s gotta eat!
- A peaceful farm day at Sunrise Sanctuary – our visit to farm animal paradise
- My fairytale pony party – My family threw me a pony party with real live actual ponies when I turned 50!
- Family trail rides at Marmon Valley Farm – our favorite place to go horseback riding
- Wild dolphin encounters off the LA coast – swimming with dolphins was cool, but interacting with wild, free dolphins in their natural habitat rocks!
Believe it or not, this list was way longer until I pulled out all our posts specifically dedicated to dogs and cats. Those can be found elsewhere.
Do you have a favorite place to visit and interact with animals? I’d love to hear your critter tales in the comments below or over on Facebook.